The Uchideshi Programme is designed for people who want to dedicate a block of time to studying Aikido. The minimum period of participation in the programme is 4 weeks.
During the programme, the uchideshi lives in the Dojo and does not take part in outside activities such as work or school. Participation in the programme is an extremely difficult challenge, both physically and mentally. It is not intended for everyone; if you are willing to participate please consider your decision carefully.
Terms of participation in the course:
- The candidate must be healthy, have min. 3 kyu aikido. We accept applicants between the ages of 20 and 40. Exceptions can be made, at the discretion of the head instructor.
- The candidate must provide the written consent of his/her teacher.
- The candidate needs insurance valid in Poland.
- The candidate must be able to communicate in basic English or Polish.
- The candidate must be aware that programme involves hard training as well as (often exhausting) physical labor, cleaning and other work.
- The candidate must be able to pay for training and accommodation in the dojo as well as meals.
- The candidate must be able to cook, wash and perform basic everyday activities.
The programme includes:
- Participation in all adult classes held at Wroclaw Aikikai Dojo.
These include Aikido, Zazen, Iai Batto Ho classes and complementary activities.
This covers a minimum of 4 – 6 hours a day.
- With the permission of the chief instructor, the participant will assist in classes for children and young people.
- Assistance with activities outside the designated Dojo – classes at universities and other locations.
- Everyday work in the dojo and beyond – cleaning, preparing for classes, necessary repairs, etc.
If you are interested, please contact the head instructor.